OUR MISSIONTo foster and ensure the highest standard of chiropractic healthcare for all Manitobans.
The MCA is both a self-regulating professional body and a member association that governs doctors of chiropractic in Manitoba, under the legislative and regulatory authority of The Chiropractic Act.
Pursuant to this legislation, the regulatory role of the MCA is to protect the public and patients by:
- Licensing properly qualified professionals;
- Establishing a Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Bylaws;
- Monitoring and evaluating professional Standards of Practice;
- Investigating complaints and initiating disciplinary proceedings, when necessary;
- Establishing a continuing professional competency program for all members.
The Board of the Manitoba Chiropractors Association is composed of five Directors elected from the membership and two lay members – one appointed by the Board and one appointed by the Province of Manitoba.
Board of Directors
Dr. Darrell Minuk, D.C.
Dr. Amerjit Dhillon, D.C.
Dr. Paul Kowall, D.C.
Ms. Baillie Chisick
Director, Government Appointed Lay Member
Dr. Brian McWhirter, D.C.
Mr. Michael M. Kowalson
Director, Board Appointed Lay Member
Dr. Gord Partridge, D.C.
Ms. Lisa Goss
Ms. Diane Gerrits
Ms. Staci Bailey
Director of Operations & Regulatory Services
Dr. Ryan Dumont, D.C.
Mr. Corey Francis
Manager of Member Services